The story about Sin She Lo Siauw Gok

SinShe LO SIAUW GOK was born in Semarang (Indonesia) on 09.12.1931 as a son of the, in whole south-east Asia, famous SinShe Lo Ban Teng and his wife Go Bin Nio. He was given birth as second son of altogether 12 children. Before his father died in 1958 he imparted his complete knowledge of the fighting art and the medicine to him.
He then took over the famous "Rumah Obat" (house of the medicine) in Jakarta, which was conducted by his father, and proceeded to run the school of fighting art of his father in which he already was active since 1954. The name of the school and the fame of the fighting art of master Lo Siauw Gok reached till Berlin. So I decided to fly to Indonesia in 1981 and to try to study from SinShe Lo Siauw Gok.
At first I was taken to the bus station, called Ban Teng, but later on, with the help of a friend, when I finally met SinShe Lo, he wanted to know everything about me and of course he wanted me to show him my attainments. When I showed him my techniques, declining he said: Ach, ShanTung.
SinShe Lo Siauw Gok had 27 master-students and I was very grateful to him for accepting me as his 28th and also his last student. In the course of the years he introduced me to many of them (now, most of them are well-known masters of the fighting art themselves), among them the fight coach of the Indonesian army.

Lo Siauw Gok wasn't only a respected healer of the traditional Chinese medicine (SinShe) but also a respected master of the Chinese fighting art (Quan Fa) like his father and teacher. I knew him as a sensitive, patient teacher, always paying attention on precision, who very concentrated pursued and corrected my movements during the lessons. Only after rendering optimal performances, he rewarded me with a content smile. Although at first we only could talk in a language-mixture of Indonesian, Chinese, Dutch and English, he patiently has explained all techniques to me till he noticed that I have really understood. He did not simply showed me the techniques but also explained the backgrounds and the application to me.

Lo Siauw Gok taught me to work with the TjioSo and to harden the arms with the method NgoKie and the legs with the method KongKa. During NgoKie and KongKa exercises with him, I could always only envyingly fully admire his strong arms and his very hard shins, because I had nothing to put against that.
He showed me the execution of correct, hard and fast blows which bring the maximum energy into the technique by correct movement of the body, and also how to receive a blow correctly. SinShe Lo showed me the right application of the Sok as well as the exercise TjingTjio TanKie, right breathing LayKang (to reach and provide Qi).
He introduced me to the cutting techniques (Siang) and showed me the importance of exact timing. Lo Siauw Gok had not only taught me the techniques mentioned in the story of his father, but he also begun to introduce me with the art of the Chinese medicine. Among other things he taught me to produce the medicine TieTa YaoGin.
He made a master of the Ho Yang Pay of me, but unfortunately, he could not instruct me with the complete HoYang Pay.
That he gave me the name LOAHIM was a very great honor for me and I am very proud of it.

We always sat together after the training and drank tea and if we didn't speak about the fighting art, he was very much interested in my reports about Europe and quite especially about Berlin, which at that time was still divided.
Whether after the private lessons or after the common lessons, together with his Chinese students, he liked very much to joke and he laughed very often. He also enjoyed to eat good food. He hasn't only introduced me with the local but also with the Chinese kitchen. Very often he organized banquet similar meals at which many of his current and also former students and almost always all family members were present.
Some years later my master planned intensive seminars which he carried out together with other masters of the Ho Yang Pay (as well students of him as of his father) and he allowed me to bring my students. At the end of these seminars and sometimes also in between he organized excursions at which we always laughed much and had good food. How you may look up in the story of his father, he wasn't only a well-known and very much respected personality in whole Indonesia but also in south-east Asia.
Even I, as a student of Lo Siauw Gok, was received respectfully in FuJian in 1995 during a meeting of the NanShaoLin WuZuQuan and got distinguished at the end of the exchange and the demonstrations for my performances with a signed sword.

Lo Siauw Gok died at the age of 59 years in Jakarta (Indonesia) on 03.07.1991. His mortal remains became incinerated on 07.07.1991 and in a following Sea-funeral his ashes were ceded into the Sea.

His death came for all of us very surprising and unfortunately much too early and means a very painful loss for us. He was more than only an excellent, famous master of the fighting art and SinShe for me, he was my Chinese father and I miss him very much.



*


Many members of the family Lo have very good skills in the fighting art.
As well the daughter (A Swan), a successful business woman, fighting art and fitness-teacher for women and youth, with her husband (A Kim) who is a successful and famous fighting athlete, as also the two sons of SinShe Lo Siauw Gok (A Seng and A Lun) have reported to continue with the heir in the tradition of the Ho Yang Pay in Indonesia.



* * *
http://hokkian-siauwlim.de/LSGgb.html
0 Responses